Upsahl AmazerVR Concert review
Upsahl was an artist I haven't heard of before but reading up about her, she grew up in Phoenix, Arizona (where I currently live) and from the 4 songs that I heard, she is versatile mixing in bedroom pop, indie pop, and alternative pop rock. I do hope she breaks out one day and I plan to catch a concert of hers the next time she tours.
We begin by going through the Upsahl name and into a desert. She performs Drugs. Throughout the 4 songs, she doesn't use any backup dancers and instead briefly produces clones of herself in this song. She introduces herself briefly and then segues into the next song, Into my Body. The desert changes and becomes more lively. I do think the moments where the concert makes quick cuts can be a bit distracting for my eyes but Upsahl is energetic with her voice. Just like the Zara concert, the hands initally don't produce much other than waves.
Like the Zara concert as well, there's an interlude where we get transported into a room full of lit candles and Upsahl describes the origins of her next song, Kickflip. As the room darkens, flames appear and you can try to catch as many as you can until the red flame becomes blue. You then gain the ability to produce blue flames in the last third of Kickflip and Red flames during most of Last Supper.
We get transported to an area with very tall pillars and a canyon background as she performs Kickflip. Finally, Upsahl describes the feeling of becoming a God as an introduction to the last song, The Last Supper as lightening and flames occur in the background (excellent visuals by the way). She then wishes us off as the environment disappears.
I also quite enjoyed this concert even if the formula is starting to become a bit apparent (2 songs in an arena with not much interactivity, then an interlude where you gain a power for the next 2 songs, and then you get transported to a different room for the last 2 and theres a bit more interactivity there). I do wish AmazeVR switch up the formula a bit and try to bring more interactive features. Maybe even have options to choose between 2 or 3 different songs at various points during the concerts to make the replay value a bit higher or Find a way to have your interactive actions interact with the artist.
Still, I enjoy AmazeVR's concept of immersing us in virtual worlds with artists and lookf forward to more like Kai and AESPA. I don't really listen to K Pop but one thing that these AmazeVR concerts are doing is inspiring me to check out more of their work so maybe I will be an AESPA or Kai stan. Below is my ranking of the concerts below in terms of enjoyment for me.
1. Megan Thee Stallion
2. Zara Larsson
3. Upsahl
4. Ceraddi
Comments
Post a Comment