My Review of the 1st batch of the concerts available in the AmazeVR App.
Between my review of the home edition of Enter The Hottiverse, AmazeVR finished production on a few other concerts and created an app to hold all of the concerts together (rather than release them one at a time).
After a tutorial section (which I skipped), it brings you to the menu where there are options between Megan Thee Stallion's concerts, Ceraadi's one song performance, Zara Larsson's Concert, and upcoming slots for concerts from Aespa, Upsahl (Early Access on July 21st with the public release being a week later), and Kai. There is also a menu option to disable the rumble, Hand effects (but why would you), and allow you to enable a mixed reality option to see the hub overlaid across the room you are in.
Ceraddi's song comes free with the app (which is also free) and the rest of the artists have a one song free demo. A concert pass for one year is sold with the rest of the artists for $7 each. After the concert is played through the full setlist, the option to begin the concert on whichever song you like is unlocked (and you can exit anytime by holding the left controller's 3 line button.
Megan Thee Stallion's (Hiphop) concert is identical to the one featured on its own app but without the pre-show shooting game or the behind the scenes footage and credits. Still, I thought I noticed that the concert is more in your face compared to the one on its own app but maybe it's just me. I already talked about the concert in my Theater Review but in short, I still had a great time! . The link is https://vrconcertreviews.blogspot.com/2022/04/megan-thee-stallion-enter-hottieverse.html?m=1
I haven't really listened to Ceraadi (Hiphop/R&B) before and they unfortunately broke up a couple of years ago but while they were together, they had the distinction of being the very first artists to record a performance for AmazeVR. For their song, BFF, it begins with the camera coming into a sphere shaped venue with the audience. A video screen plays Ceraadi encouraging their fans to clap for them to appear on stage. After they do so, they perform BFF (great song BTW) and the stage does change a bit by having the edges revolve around the main stage. The video screen displays the lyrics as well as clips of Ceraadi. They conclude by encouraging their audiences to clap and then beam out with fireworks behind them. During the entire song, your hands can make light waves
For what was intended to be a rest of AmazeVR's technology, it succeeded quite well and I wish Ceraadi could have stuck around to at least make a proper concert.
Zara Larsson (Pop) is the featured artist on the app so far. I've listened to a couple of songs of hers in the past, but I haven't really followed her career. I do know that she recently started an independent label and has had success mainly overseas, and the few songs I listened from her proved she is very talented.
We begin by going through the skies to reach a circular stage with plants growing around it. Zara performs End of Time. Already from the beginning, it's a more intimate concert where the focus is more on consistency that switching things up all the time. With that said, all of her songs were great and the stage looks beautiful. She then introduces herself and then, staying at the same stage (with plants being grown), performs Lush Life with 2 backup dancers. Throughout these 2 songs, hand gestures are limited to producing waves.
An interlude happened where we see her on a flower on top of water and says she has had a great 8 years and hopes the next 8 are better. She then offers a flower which dissolves into petals (which you can play around with) that then get absorbed into a wristband on your hand (it tells you which song is playing from Zara). We then go to a different stage (a hallway filled with plants and flowers) where she performs Can't Tame Her (more backup dancers join Zara later during the song) During the last third, your hands can now produce light beams by clinching your hands into a fist.
She then concludes her concert by performing Symphony (I used to listen to that all the time when I was working at a Sears store.) Her backup dancers also join her and during the last third of the song, clinching your hands can now produce even more petals. She then walks away and the entire environment dissolves and you are sent back to the main menu.
I had a lot of fun in different ways with each of the concerts. Megan's was more interactive with what you can do but Zara's was more intimate and personal so its hard for me to decide which is better. I do wish behind the scenes content was included (like they had in Megan's App) but other than that, I had a blast!
Upsahl will be the next artist (and is born where I currently live!) I'll have a seperate post on that and I hope to update this blog more frequently now that amazevr is finally releasing the concerts to the public!
Comments
Post a Comment